The Apprenticeship Teams have two grants available!
STATE APPRENTICESHIP EXPANSION FUNDING (SAEF).
DWS applied for and received a $283,754.00 State Apprenticeship Expansion Funding (SAEF) Grant from the U.S. Department of Labor in late Summer of 2023. The grant is being used in DWS’ Business Training and Support Unit (BTSU) to expand and build capacity for registered apprenticeship program opportunities throughout Wyoming. DWS continues to provide technical and financial support to businesses seeking to develop an apprenticeship program. Coupled with Wyoming’s existing apprenticeship training funds, these funds allow workers to earn a progressive pay while also learning valuable skills through supplemental education.
The purpose of this grant is to develop and expand registered apprenticeships across Wyoming through On-the-Job Learning (OJL) reimbursement for each Registered Apprentice within your program.
- OJL reimbursement of the participant’s hourly wage up to $1,000 per apprentice.
- This federal grant was recently awarded to DWS by the Department of Labor.
The purpose of this grant is to develop a pre-apprenticeship program focusing on career pathways for in-school youth (16-24 years old)
- Household income limits are below 300% of the federal poverty guidelines; and/or
- Have experienced unemployment /underemployment as a result of the pandemic.
- Continue the work being done to expand Registered Apprenticeship Programs with the focus of connecting youth to these opportunities.
- Support the pipeline of workers by connecting high school youth with opportunities to gain post-secondary credentials while still in high school.
- Provide a completion award of $1,500 per student.
- Provide up to $1,000 per participating student for supportive services aligned with WIOA.
- A modern apprenticeship hub (website) will be developed and utilized to bridge the gap between the state, students, and employers to promote and develop pre-apprenticeships for students across the state of Wyoming.
GRANT APPLICATION FORMS
- Pre-Apprenticeship ARPA Application.
- SAEF Grant Application (COMING SOON. Applications may be created and saved once the link is accessible).
Please call Ivie Moore (307) 777-5723 with questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org.