Business Training Grants are available to Wyoming businesses to correct an employee’s skill deficiency or upgrade their skill level in their current occupations. To review the Business Training Grant rules, click here.
In order for training to be approved, the business must demonstrate the following:
- Training will either correct an employee’s skill deficiency or upgrade an employee’s current skill level;
- There is a direct relationship between the training and the trainee’s occupation or craft;
- The business will not substitute funds normally provided for training or funds obtained from another source with Business Training Grant funds;
- There is a need for the skill upgrade provided by the training for the business to remain competitive in the industry or economy; and
- The skill upgraded provided by the training will:
- Enhance the business’s productivity, efficiency or profitability;
- Reduce employee turnover;
- Enhance employee effectiveness; or
- Enhance employee wages.
Funding limits for Business Training Grants as of May 1, 2023 are:
Forms and Documents
- READ THIS FIRST! Action Items to Apply for Grant
- Business Account Creation Instructions
- Business Training Grants Program Rules
- Employment Verification Sample Paystub
- Employment Verification Sample Paystub Not Available (Word)
- Final Report Checklist
- Grant Application Checklist for Businesses
- Grant Application Instructions
- Verification form for Attending a Conference
- Verification form for Attending Online Training
- Verification form for Attending Training
- WDTF Trainee Summary Template (Word)
1. BEFORE creating an account with Workforce Development Training Fund, your business must have accounts set up and be in good standing with the following entities:
- Secretary of State – if newly registered, allow up to 7-15 days for processing
- Workers’ Compensation and Unemployment Insurance – allow up to 2-4 weeks for processing
- Wyoming at Work – allow up to 5 business days for processing; however, if Workers’ Compensation or Unemployment Insurance accounts are not set up, the Wyoming at Work verification process may take longer as these accounts are required to complete the Wyoming at Work account set up.
- If your business has been operating for less than 365 days, we will require a Letter of Support from your local Economic Development Entity.
2. Create an account with Workforce Development Training Fund – Business Training Grants
- Business Account Creation Instructions
- Click here to create a Business Account
- Once the account registration is successfully submitted, WDTF staff will verify good standing status for all entities. This process typically takes about 7-10 business days, on average.
- Once we have verified that all entities are in good standing, you will receive an approval email with a prompt to create your password and log into the grant system.
- Once you have a login, you will be able to build your application at any time, but not submit until the first seven (7) calendar days of each month.
3. Ensure your business is registered as a vendor with the Wyoming State Auditor’s Office
- Download forms manually
- If you prefer to receive payment via a check in the mail, please email the signed W-9 (with a wet signature) to email@example.com
- If you prefer to receive payment via Direct Deposit, mail the original signed W-9 (with a wet signature) and the appropriate banking information to:
Department of Workforce Services
5221 Yellowstone Road
Cheyenne, WY 82002
- NOTE: Only businesses registered as a vendor with the State Auditor’s Office can receive payments from the Workforce Development Training Fund
4. Online Application
- BTG Management System Link to create an application
- Grant Application Instructions – BTG Applications can be newly created and saved, but should not be submitted until the first seven (7) calendar days of the month.. Please do not reuse an older application for the BTG Grant, as the content has been changed.
- Applications may request funding for one training event per application.
- There is no limit to the number of applications a business may submit, as long as you remain within your business funding limit per state fiscal year.
- Please ensure that the start and end dates in the application include any pre/post-coursework and travel dates, if applicable
How to Begin the Application Process for Business Training Grants
- Fill out your application. It can be started and saved at any time and then submitted during an open window for applications. Applications can be submitted during the first 7 days of each month.
- The first date of training must be a minimum of 30 calendar days and no more than 110 calendar days from date of application submission.
5. WDTF Team reviews submitted applications
- Applications are prioritized based on preferred industries as determined by the Wyoming Workforce Development Council.
NOTE: If the application is approved, the Department of Workforce Services will enter into a contract with the business. The contract is not fully executed until all signatures are obtained, which must occur prior to the start of the training period. No reimbursement will be made without a fully executed contract.
**Grant approval is NOT guaranteed and is based on availability of funds**