Applications are opening soon for the new WyHealthTrain Grant!
Beginning in the spring 2024 semester, newly enrolled students in a healthcare career pathway may be eligible for up to $10,000 toward the cost of completing a qualified healthcare program within a 2-year timeframe. Preference will be given to those enrolled in a Nursing Pathway or Behavioral Health Pathway, but other healthcare career pathways are also eligible.
WyHealthTrain Grants may be available to Wyoming residents who are:
- Newly enrolled within eligible healthcare-related programs provided by a Wyoming Community College or the University of Wyoming and who also meet one or both of the following criteria..
- Became unemployed or underemployed during or as a result of the pandemic (March 13, 2020 – May 11, 2023).
- Household income is at or below 300% of the federal poverty guidelines.
HOW TO APPLY
The application process will open during the last week of September and will close on October 20, 2023. Potential future application openings will be noted on this page – be sure to keep checking back to this page for more information!
Tips For a Good Application
- Take your time – do not rush just to be the first to get your application in.
- NO preference will be given to first-received applications as opposed to last.
- Prepare ahead by gathering:
- Course list required for graduation/completion of identified program
- Total cost of tuition/enrollment
- Total cost of books, lab kits, licensing/certification, and exam fees
- Start date and end date for completion of degree or certification
- If you have any questions or clarifications as you are completing the application, please contact the WyHealthTrain team for assistance at email@example.com.
WyHealthTrain GRANT FORMS
- WyHealthTrain Grant Application (The link to the Application will be available toward the last week of September. Applications may be created and saved once the link is accessible).
Degree and Certifications available:
- Laramie County Community
- Casper College
- Eastern Wyoming College
- Western Wyoming Community College
- Sheridan College/Gillette College (Northern Wyoming Community College District)
- Northwest College
- Central Wyoming College
- University of Wyoming
Contact the WyHealthTrain Grant team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 307-777-5327. We are happy to assist with questions before or as you complete your application. Once submitted, revisions or additions will not be accepted!