Pre-Hire Economic Development Grants
The Workforce Development Training Fund is not accepting any Pre-Hire and Pre-Obligation Grant applications at this time. Please check back on May 1st for more information.
The Wyoming Department of Workforce Services recognizes the importance of an educated, skilled workforce in promoting Wyoming’s economic growth. To foster this growth, the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services assist employers with the Pre-Hire Grant Program.
The Pre-Hire Economic Development Grant Program is available to train potential employees for a new or expanding business that is unable to recruit workers with a specific skill set. Applications are completed through a partnering of four entities that contribute separate needs or services to the program:
- A training entity that can deliver the training, certificate or skills the business requires;
- A business, group of businesses or an industry with a need for workers;
- The local or regional economic development entity that will work within the local or regional economic network to provide assistance; and
- The local Workforce Center, which will assist in the recruitment of potential skilled workers, along with placement of trained participants.
Pre-Hire Grant Forms, Templates, and Instructions
- Pre-Hire Applications and Instructions (PDF). We are not accepting applications at this time. Please check back for more information.
- Pre-Hire Application Additional Businesses Form (PDF). We are not accepting applications at this time. Please check back for more information.
- Pre-Hire Rules (PDF)
- Pre-Hire Final Report of Trainees (Excel)
- Pre-Hire Final Report Summary Template (Word)
- Pre-Hire Grant Application Form (PDF)
- Pre-Hire Grant Reimbursement Form (Excel)
The Pre-Obligation Grant provides a means for Wyoming Economic Development Entities to request obligation of funding to attract business and industry to Wyoming. WDTF may obligate funding under this grant when the funding shall be use to attract a new business to Wyoming as part of an economic development initiative, or when an existing Wyoming business entity is planning an expansion of its workforce.
Applications shall be completed by both the Economic Development Entity and the collaborating business. Once the funding has been obligated, the funding will be accessed through either the Pre-Hire Grant, the Business Training Grants, or a combination of both. Applications for these grants shall be
submitted as the training is identified and must meet the eligibility requirements of the grants per the program rules.
The total application amount shall not exceed an amount equivalent to two hundred (200) trainees multiplied by the maximum grant amount allowed for Business Training Grants, which is determined by industry as follows:
- $4,000 per trainee per state fiscal year
- $5,000 per trainee per state fiscal year in a preferred industry
Pre-Obligation Grant Forms and Rules
- Pre-Obligation Application and Instructions (PDF). We are not accepting applications at this time. Please check back for more information.
- Pre-Obligation Rules (PDF)