The Wagner-Peyser Act of 1933 established a nationwide system of public employment offices, known as the Employment Service. The act was amended in 1998 to make the Employment Service part of the One-Stop services delivery system.
Although the names of the many services centers may be different—Workforce Center, Employment Services, Employment Security Commission, Job Service, One-Stop Center, etc.—their mission is the same:
To assist job seekers in finding jobs, employers in finding qualified workers and, in some areas, to provide job training and related services.
As an integral part of the One Stop delivery system, Wagner-Peyser provides universal access to an integrated array of labor exchange and Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act services so that workers, job seekers and businesses can find the services they need in one stop and frequently under one roof in easy-to-find locations.
Services are delivered in one of three modes:
- Facilitated self-help services
- Staff-assisted service delivery approaches through Employment & Training’s Management Information System or wyomingatwork.com
None. This program is open to all individuals and business customers at no cost.
Services Available to Individual Customers
- Career Guidance
- Job Search Assistance/Workshops
- Labor Market Information
- Placement Assistance
- Re-Employment Assistance to UI Claimants
- Resume Writing Assistance
- Skill Level Assessment Assistance
Services to Business Customers
- Assistance in Development and Filling of Job Orders
- Assistance with Employee Training Needs
- Assistance with Hard-to-Fill Job Orders
- Matching Job Seeker Experience with Job Requirements and Skills
- Organizing and Participating in Job Fairs
- Recruitment Assistance
- Referral of Job Seekers to Available Job Openings
- Job Restructuring and Layoff assistance through Rapid Response Services
Program Funding Year: July 1 – June 30
Wyoming at Work
Complete set of employment tools for job seekers in Wyoming. Search jobs, create résumés, find education and training.Learn More