To set up an ID verification account, you’ll need:
- Accessible email account
- Current Government ID (Driver’s License, State ID, Passport Card, or Passport)
- A mobile phone that can take photos
A new user will be given the opportunity to sign in to an existing account or create an account.
Step 1: Choose Create an ID.me account
- Enter your email address and create and confirm your password
- Click the confirmation link you will receive in your email
Step 2: Set up Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
There are several options for MFA:
- Get a one-time, SMS-based password
- Use a mobile app to receive a push notification
- Get a time-based one-time password, OR
- Use a hardware token, such as yubikey
Note: The identity verification service also gives the option to generate a recovery code, in case you are away from the device you use for MFA, or you lose access to your accounts.
Step 3: Verify your identity
- Method 1: Enter your name, phone #, address, and Social Security Number (SSN), and then answer a few questions based on your credit history.
- Method 2: Submit photos of your current government-issued ID. (Drivers license, passport, or passport card). You can upload from your computer if you already have them on file, or you can take new photos with your mobile phone.
Behind the scenes, the identity verification service first confirms that the documents are legitimate and have not been tampered with; it then abstracts the key data fields needed to perform identity proofing, using computer vision. Users will then be asked to enter their SSN, after completing the upload.
The identity verification service requires a SSN to uniquely resolve a user’s identity and match their identification against authoritative data sources such as utility or financial records. This also ensures that there is only one verified ID.me account per user.
Step 4: Consent to share data
Once the user confirms their information, they will give their consent to share their data with Wyoming Unemployment Insurance (WYUI).
If you do not choose to send your data, you will not be able to use your verified credential at the WYUI site.
Once the user clicks “Allow” the process is complete. After you have verified your identity, you’ll be directed back to the Wyoming Unemployment Insurance website – WYUI.wyo.gov – to continue your progress with the requested online service.