Wyoming employers may wish to hire foreign workers when they cannot fill their positions with workers who are citizens of the United States.

Certain foreign workers may not obtain a visa for entrance into the United States in order to engage in permanent employment unless:

  • There are not sufficient United States workers who are able, willing, qualified and available at the time of application for a visa and admission into the United States and at the place where the alien is to perform the work; and
  • The employment of the alien will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of United States workers similarly employed.

The Wyoming Department of Workforce Services can assist employers with applying for immigrant labor certification. The application process assures that the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services monitors the hiring of foreign labor in a manner that is fair to employers, Wyoming employees and foreign labor in both agricultural and non-agricultural industries. Certifications are granted or denied at the federal level.

Please use the contact information below for services regarding agricultural and non-agricultural employment:

Alien Labor Certification Contact Information

422 East Fremont, Riverton WY 82501
Phone: (307) 856-9231
Fax: (307) 856-3468