During normal business hours, Mine Emergencies should be reported the Rock Springs Office at (307)362-5222 or to the Emergency Cell (307)350-8952 at any time.
Wyoming Statute 30-2-403 (c) states that the mine owner, operator, or mine site contractor will REPORT IMMEDIATELY (BY PHONE, OR IN PERSON) ALL:
- SERIOUS INCIDENTS or INJURIES,
- UNDERGROUND FIRES/EXPLOSIONS,
- UNDERGROUND FALL of ROOF or RIB that
- impairs ventilation,
- impedes passage, or
- has the potential to cause a serious injury
- DAMAGE TO HOIST EQUIPMENT, SHAFTS OR SLOPES WHICH CAUSE DELAY OF NORMAL OPERATIONS.
An incident or injury should be considered SERIOUS if it requires the affected individual to be:
- Transported by ambulance, and/or
An incident that causes considerable property damage is also considered to be SERIOUS and should be reported.
Wyoming Statute 30-2-403 (b) states that all compensable injuries must be reported by sending a copy of the Workers Compensation Report to The State Mine Inspector.