• File a Claim For Wages.
  • To file an old claim, or a claim that is outside of Wyoming’s jurisdiction, please contact the U. S. Dept. of Labor, Wage & Hour Division using the info below.

U. S. Department of Labor
Wage & Hour Division

The Wyoming Department of Workforce Services, Labor Standards Claim for Wages is used to submit a formal request to Labor Standards to receive wages which are due to you. You may file a request if this statement is true: The work for which you are claiming wages due was done in the state of Wyoming.

While Labor Standards retains jurisdiction in cases where all of the above are true, you should try to obtain your disputed wages directly from the employer (without going through Labor Standards). For those times when filing a claim with Labor Standards is your only recourse, you should use the Claim for Wages form.

You must complete the form online. By entering your initials and clicking on the Save Claim button, indicates the following:

  • That all of the statements you have made in your claim are, to the best of your knowledge, true and correct.
  • Authorization of the Department to collect on your claim. The money owed you may be collected by the Department. This includes full payment as well as any partial payment which the Department may negotiate.
  • Authorization to approve compromise settlement. If the Labor Standards office cannot collect the full amount of your claim, we may try to negotiate a settlement for a partial claim. If a negotiated settlement is made in your case, you will be notified of the details of the settlement. You have 10 days to object to the settlement in writing if this negotiated settlement is unsatisfactory.