The Telecommunications Relay Service Advisory Committee advises the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation as to the administration of the telecommunication relay service also known as Wyoming Relay. Wyoming Relay provides telephone access to people who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, deaf-blind or speech disabled.
Duties of the TRS Advisory Committee
- Review and recommend policies and procedures governing administration of the program and ensure the program is in compliance with any applicable state and federal laws or regulations.
- Assist the state in obtaining certification for Wyoming Relay from the Federal Communications Commission.
- Monitor the expenditures of funds for the program and review budget requests for administration of services under the program.
- Monitor the quality of the program and satisfaction of the Wyoming Relay users.
- Assist in educating the citizens of Wyoming regarding Wyoming Relay services by providing public information.
- Evaluate potential service enhancements.
- Determine annually the amount of a special fee-per-access line surcharge.
Members of the Telecommunications Relay Service Advisory Committee are appointed by the Governor and serve at his pleasure. The committee consists of seven members – one from each appointment district. A committee member’s term is three years and no member may serve more than two consecutive full terms. The committee meets at least two times a year. Committee members are reimbursed for travel expenses according to state policy.
Bennie J. Desmond
District 1 Representative
1st Term Ends: 6/1/2025
Lisa M. Engstrom
District 2 Representative
1st Term Ends: 6/1/2025
Star Valley Ranch
District 3 Representative
1st Term Ends: 6/1/2023
Jack D. Landon, Jr.
District 4 Representative
2nd Term Ends: 6/1/2025
District 5 Representative
2nd Term Ends: 6/1/2024
District 6 Representative
1st Term Ends: 6/1/23
Stephanie Danielle Hines
District 7 Representative
2nd Term Ends: 6/1/24
District 1 – Laramie, Platte, Goshen Counties
District 2 – Albany, Sweetwater, Carbon Counties
District 3 – Uinta, Lincoln, Sublette, Teton Counties
District 4 – Campbell, Sheridan, Johnson Counties
District 5 – Park, Big Horn, Washakie, Hot Springs Counties
District 6 – Crook, Weston, Niobrara Counties
District 7 – Natrona, Fremont, Converse Counties
Want to Serve on the Committee?
Individuals with any of the following characteristics or skills are particularly encouraged to apply to serve on the Telecommunications Relay Service Advisory Committee:
- a hearing or speech impairment;
- a family member or close personal friend with a hearing or speech impairment;
- knowledge of deafness or speech impairments or work experience in this area;
- knowledge or experience in the use of Relay, TTYs, and/or specialized telecommunications equipment/apps;
- knowledge or experience in the telecommunications industry or with telecommunications legislation;
- business or civic leadership skills or knowledge;
- knowledge or experience in educational outreach; or
- knowledge or experience in marketing and/or advertising.
Anyone interested in volunteering their time to serve on the TRS Advisory Committee is encouraged to submit an application to and/or contact:
444 W. Collins Drive, Suite #1200
Casper, WY 82601